Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Travel Tales, 1



Lots more images and stories to be shared 
Images  being saved day in and day out in the comp...
My camera works throughout clicking and clicking with the thought that these images may be shared and appreciated..
Thoughts work for new compositions ,but you cant resist the same compositions...
Travels make you find more subjects,but with the time limit being short and tasks to be accomplished in between, gave me less time to click more and travel in peace
There ought to be many more travels this year and the coming years only for my camera
Images are from last month's travels at my Dad's place,a village in Alleppey




Tiles make me yearn for a composition,the only thing around was a mango tree...
Hibiscus  flowers being a favourite,i kept on collecting them during the travel,they made aprop on the tiles
Fallen neem leaf and two jasmine flower buds : my little ones composition
Ixora and fallen mangoes
Imli on trees
Mango flowers in bloom

Violets bloom

Half eaten guava by birds and ixora flowers

Mangoes and bokehs


Jackfruit and bokeh



sat down for some juice
later on some tea in the courtyard
kanakambaram flowers pose 
way is laden with fallen Amaltas blooms
Its summer,why not rest in the Verandaha,then continue my travel?
Let me rest and continue my journey..
By the time u enjoy the images and let me know



Images and Ideas conceived by Lakshmi Arvind
Pl do not copy or steal images
 




8 comments:

  1. I am unfamiliar with Ixora and Imli...what do they taste like? Do you eat them fresh or cooked? I'm quite curious. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots. I loved the one of the neem leaves and the violet blooms. So pretty and so earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, gorgeous home your parents have. I so want to sit on that veranda! And 'imli' is tamarind, isn't it? What you shot is actually 'bimbli' (or at least that's what we call it back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments
    NAtalie:Ixora are a type of flowers which belongs to the Family Rubiaceae.They are available in different colors,yellow,red,white pink,orange...
    Regarding Imli,The normal imli is called tamarind,which imparts a sour taste to the dish which we are cooking.The one in the picture is at of Tamarind,but it is called Bimbli,what mixed brew has told,It can be used aflavouring agent in fish dishes..can be used for making pickles...
    Thanks shalz and mixed brew,i value your comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the shots were boootiful :) Loved the flowers shyly leaning into the frame

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs make me drool. Just added your Blog's link to my favs (on my Blog). I thought I had it there, but maybe I missed adding it before. Who could imagine half-eaten guavas could look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm a big fan of your snaps.i envy the way you handle light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laksh.. Laksh.. I love those imlis.... I simply want to be a part of that pics... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails